Cynthia M. Jacob
Cynthia Jacob is Senior Counsel in the New Jersey office. She began her legal career in public service, in the New Jersey Office of the Public Defender.
Cynthia then became successively the first Director of the Central Appellate Research Section of the Administrative Office of the Courts, the Director of Civil Practice and the Acting Standing Master of the Supreme Court of New Jersey, before entering private practice.
She concentrates on litigating employment-related cases, including wrongful termination, employee benefits disputes, race, sex and age discrimination, and other civil rights litigation, all on behalf of management. She is regularly called upon to act as an arbitrator and mediator.
She is certified by the American Arbitration Association and is a Fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers.
Cynthia is a former President of the New Jersey State Bar Association and a former Chair of the Lawyers’ Advisory Committee for the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- The Daniel O’Hern Award as Professional Lawyer of the Year from New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Professionalism
- The Trial Attorneys of New Jersey Trial Bar Award from Legal Services of New Jersey
- The Debevoise-Eakeley Award from Legal Services of New Jersey (Legal Services’ highest award)
- “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in New Jersey Super Lawyers since 2005
- Listed in Chambers USA
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 1995
- New Jersey State Bar Foundation’s Medal of Honor in 2011
- Law Journal's Lifetime Achievement Award in 2016
- Lectures frequently on various topics in employment law, including at New Jersey’s Judicial College
- Member of and a past Chair of the United States District Court’s Lawyers’ Advisory Committee
- Serves on the Supreme Court of New Jersey Committee on Character
- Served on several United States District Court and New Jersey Supreme Court Committees, including the Supreme Court Commission of the Rules of Professional Conduct, Supreme Courts Advisory Committee on Professional Ethics (for thirteen years), the Professional Rules Revision Committee, the Rules of Evidence Committee and the Civil Charge Committee
- Chaired the subcommittee which drafted the New Jersey Jury Charges for employment litigation
- Four Named to 2016 New Jersey Super Lawyers List, One to Rising Stars3.11.16