Jeffrey A. Savarise
Jeff Savarise is a partner in the Louisville office and chair of the firm's Automotive Manufacturing Practice Group. Jeff has served as Toyota Manufacturing’s national outside labor and employment counsel for over 20 years.
Jeff practices exclusively in the areas of labor and employment law on behalf of employers, where he handles cases in a number of state and federal jurisdictions. He also provides a variety of preventive maintenance and employment training programs especially geared to the automotive industry.
Jeff received the "Distinguished Alumni Award" given to alumni of the University of Akron Law School who have demonstrated significant achievement in the field of law and have made significant contributions to their community.
Jeff is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been included in the Kentucky Super Lawyers list since 2007.
He has also been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2006 and in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2003. Jeff was recognized as a Labor Law - Management Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America for 2014.
Jeff was named to the 2014 BTI Client Service All-Stars, an exclusive group of attorneys singled out for client service excellence.
- Toyota Motor Mfg., Ky., Inc. v. Williams, 534 U.S. 184 (2002)
- McKay v. Toyota Motor Manufacturing, 110 F.3d 369 (6th Cir. 1997)
- Bauer v. Varity Dayton-Walther Corp., 118 F.3d 1109 (6th Cir. 1997)
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky, Inc. v. Kelley, 2013 WL 6046079 (Ky. App. Nov. 15, 2013) — in which the Court agreed with Jeff’s novel argument that the text of the Kentucky Wages and Hours Act does not permit class actions, thus ending years of class action litigation under the Act.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Named Chair of Akron School of Law Advancement Council
"AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Included in the Kentucky Super Lawyers list since 2007
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2006
Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2003
Recognized as a Labor Law - Management Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America for 2014
Jeff is a member of the Labor and Employment Section of the Kentucky and American Bar Associations. He is also a member of the American Bar Association Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Member, University of Akron School of Law, Dean's Council (2002-present)
- Spalding University Board of Overseers (2003-2004)
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.3.18
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.30.17
- Fisher Phillips Opens Louisville Office: Five Attorneys Join Firm; One to Lead Automotive Manufacturing Practice Group1.21.09
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- University of Akron School of LawJ.D. 1985
- John Carroll UniversityB.A. 1982, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court