Timothy J. Weatherholt
Tim Weatherholt is a partner in the Louisville office. His practice involves representation of management in employment and labor litigation involving civil rights, retaliation, wrongful termination and discrimination under Title VII. Tim also advises and represents clients in developing employment policies and procedures, responding to administrative charges, and dealing with employee separation matters.
Tim has worked extensively with Toyota entities since joining Fisher Phillips in 2009. Tim prepared numerous briefs on a wide variety of topics TMMK’s 15-plus year wage and hour litigation. Tim routinely advises Toyota on Americans with Disabilities (ADA) and wage and hour matters. Tim works closely with the NAPCK facility in Hebron, Kentucky on various employment issues. Tim has also helped clients obtain summary judgment in Kentucky state court on a wide variety of employment claims, including worker’s compensation retaliation, age discrimination, disability discrimination, and race discrimination.
Tim writes monthly pieces for the Southern Indiana Newsletter addressing recent developments in labor and employment law. He also writes quarterly pieces for the periodical Southern Indiana Business Source, which also address recent developments in labor and employment law. Tim also contributes content to the firm’s Wage and Hour Blog and prepared a summary of the U.S. Supreme Court’s recent decision in Sandifer for the firm website.
While attending Vanderbilt Law School, Tim placed second in the Bass, Berry & Sims Intramural Moot Court competition. After law school, Tim clerked for the Honorable Joseph H. McKinley, Jr. of the United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky.
- Burge v. PPG Industries, Inc., 2008 WL 4386859 (W.D. Ky. 2008)
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky, Inc. v. Kelley, 2013 WL 6046079 (Ky. App. Nov. 15, 2013)
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- University of Kentucky CLE – Recent developments in wage and hour class and collective actions
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing, West Virginia, Inc. – Reasonable Accommodation Training
- Indiana Work One – How To Create A Great Employee Handbook
- Indiana Work One – Summary of Recent ADAAA Cases
- Louisville Bar Association – Latest Developments Under the ADAAA
- Sterling Educational Services – Employee Privacy Issues
- “Indiana Case Reaches Supreme Court”
Southern Indiana Business Source
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog3.20.15
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog5.29.14
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog5.1.14
- New Justice Department Policy Could Aid Employers Defending Against Federal Claims2.20.18
- Vanderbilt University Law SchoolJ.D. 2004
- Transylvania UniversityB.A. 2001
- Kentucky Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky