Teresa J. Hardymon
A notable recent addition to our Columbus office, Teresa is easily adaptable to the changing landscape of employment law and client priorities.
Leveraging her background in complex commercial litigation, Teresa offers unique experience for employers of every size. Teresa litigates and arbitrates a wide variety of employment disputes including unlawful discrimination and harassment, wrongful termination and retaliation, class and collective actions, and claims brought under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Fair Labor Standards Act. Teresa advocates on behalf of clients in both state and federal court, whether it be the defense against single-plaintiff cases or mass employment actions.
Teresa represents clients through all stages of litigation and dispute resolution by preparing pleadings, arguing motions, managing discovery, and drafting trial and appellate briefs. In addition to her employment law litigation practice, Teresa is also a member of the firm’s COVID-19 Taskforce, a cross-disciplinary team of attorneys dedicated to advising employers on the many workplace law aspects of the global coronavirus pandemic.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Member, Capital University Law Review
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Legal Research and Writing II
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Business Negotiations
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Mentor, Capital University Law School Women’s Law Association
- Member, Columbus Young Professionals Club
- Alumni, Pi Beta Phi Sorority – DePauw University Collegiate Chapter
- Amor Ministries – Volunteered time working in Tijuana, Mexico building homes for disadvantaged families
- Camp Oty’akwa – Served as Camp Counselor
- Upper Arlington Summer Plagrounds Recreation Program – Served as Program Counselor
- Burbank Preschool Program – Volunteered time teaching Spanish to preschool children.
- Firm Welcomes Teresa Hardymon to the Columbus Office1.14.21
- Capital University Law SchoolJ.D., cum laude, Concentration in Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2017
- DePauw UniversityB.A., Spanish Language, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio