Aaron Olsen is a partner in the firm's San Diego office. He counsels and defends employers of all sizes on the full spectrum of employment issues.
Aaron's experience includes:
- Defending numerous companies ranging in size from small, family-owned local restaurants to Fortune 500 corporations on wage-hour class action claims and PAGA cases;
- Defeating class certification motions and obtaining summary judgment on behalf of employers in wage-hour class actions;
- Defending PEOs on wage-hour and wrongful termination claims brought by worksite employees;
- Defending employers on claims that newly-hired employees misappropriated trade secrets obtained from their prior employers;
- Representing employers in actions to protect trade secrets, including obtaining temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions and permanent injunctions;
- Defending employers in actions alleging discrimination and wrongful termination;
- Counseling employers on compliance with employment laws and providing trainings for management employees.
Aaron regularly lectures on employment law issues and also teaches an employment law course at San Diego State University
Prior to joining the firm, Aaron worked at national law firms in San Diego and Los Angeles, where he represented clients in numerous complex cases, including employment matters, intellectual property cases involving the protection and enforcement of trade secrets, and contract disputes. He also represented officers, directors, and public companies in various shareholder class actions and shareholder derivative actions.
While at Harvard Law School, he served on the Environmental Law Review and participated in the Latin American Law Society.
Aaron earned a bachelor's degree in Political Science, with a minor in Conservation Biology, from Brigham Young University, where he was elected valedictorian and graduated magna cum laude.
Aaron has been repeatedly selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers and in Southern California Super Lawyers - Rising Stars.
Aaron is active in the Boy Scouts of America and served for many years as a Scoutmaster.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Breakfast Briefing4.6.16
- Harvard Law SchoolJ.D. 2001
- Brigham Young UniversityB.A. 1998, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California