Brandy Cody is a partner in the Portland, San Diego, Sacramento and San Francisco offices. Brandy represents employers in all aspects of employment law and litigation, including wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, contract disputes and all types of wage and hour claims.
Brandy also regularly provides advice, counseling and training to employers on various workplace matters, including family and medical leave, discipline, termination, wage and hour compliance and the implementation and use of proper personnel policies and procedures.
- Successfully defeated class certification in a wide variety of wage and hour class action cases in a variety of industries including retail, health care, quick service and hospitality industries.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of an employer in a hotly contested sexual harassment case, resulting in a six figure fee award in favor of the employer.
- Obtained a complete defense verdict in favor of an employer in a retaliation/race discrimination case.
- Obtained a rarely granted summary judgment in sensitive case for a high profile non-profit entity involving allegations of sexual abuse by a former employee.
Honors & Leadership
- Brandy is a member of the Labor and Employment Section of the California State Bar.
- Brandy presents a monthly “Breakfast Briefing” seminar for employers on the third Thursday of each month, covering a wide variety of employment-related topics.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Portland Annual Seminar7.19.16
- Breakfast Briefing4.21.16
- Portland Breakfast Briefing9.17.15
- Gig Employer Blog12.19.16
- University of San Diego School of LawJ.D. 1998
- University of California, San DiegoB.A. 1995
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California