Brandy Cody is a partner and handles litigation throughout California and Oregon. She has extensive experience in defending both single plaintiff and complex class action wage and hour cases and a successful track record in defending joint employment and misclassification claims Brandy also represents employers in all aspects of traditional employment law and litigation, including wrongful termination, harassment, retaliation, discrimination, contract disputes. She has successfully tried bench and jury trials including workplace issues of all types.
Brandy also regularly provides advice, counseling and training to employers on various workplace matters, including family and medical leave, paid sick leave, discipline, termination, wage and hour compliance and the implementation and use of complianr personnel policies and procedures in an ever-evolving workplace environment.
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips Brandy was a partner at a niche California labor and employment law firm.
- Obtained a defense verdict and zero damages for a Fortune 50 company on a complex multi-party wage and hour action alleging joint employment liability.
- Successfully defeated class certification various wage and hour class action cases in a variety an assortment of industries including retail, health care, quick service and hospitality businesses.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of an employer in a hotly contested sexual harassment case, resulting in a six-figure fee award in favor of the employer.
- Obtained a complete defense verdict in favor of an employer in a retaliation/race discrimination case.
- Obtained a rarely granted summary judgment in sensitive case for a high profile non-profit entity involving allegations of sexual abuse by a former employee.
Honors & Leadership
- Brandy is a member of the Labor and Employment Section of the California State Bar.
- Brandy presents a monthly “Breakfast Briefing” seminar for employers on the third Thursday of each month, covering a wide variety of employment-related topics.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Portland Annual Seminar7.19.16
- Breakfast Briefing4.21.16
- Portland Breakfast Briefing9.17.15
- Gig Employer Blog12.19.16
- University of San Diego School of LawJ.D. 1998
- University of California, San DiegoB.A. 1995
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California