Your business didn’t pause during the pandemic, it accelerated. Privacy challenges are mounting. You need to attract and retain talent amid stark worker shortages and significant competition for labor, get people to consistently come to work, and provide a safe working environment. On top of that, you have to cope with “routine” challenges like managing temporary workers, understanding and ensuring compliance with an ever-evolving web of labor and employment laws, and safeguarding against lawsuits. In short, you can’t go without labor and employment lawyers who understand your business and the complex challenges you face.
We understand the delicate interplay between manufacturers, distributors, warehousers, and transporters. We also understand your need to attract and retain the clients that you service. The process requires tight orchestration of people and processes and even the smallest error can create a ripple effect of disruption. Our experienced lawyers will work with you to reduce the chance of mistakes, proactively prevent against them, and to ensure an effective solution is implemented and executed if things go wrong.
Whether you’re on the supply chain management or logistics side, or both, Fisher Phillips’ Supply Chain Team has you covered. With decades of experience serving the industry and its various component sectors, we provide a full business solution to proactively address all of your workplace-related challenges. On top of an exceptional record defending against lawsuits, we take pride in providing clients with practical, proactive advice that helps them stay out of trouble.
The Fisher Phillips Supply Chain Team assists clients in the following areas:
- Employment litigation. Our first-hand knowledge of the innerworkings of the industry gives us powerful insights into how to prevent and safeguard against claims. We’ll defend you against class action and California PAGA representative lawsuits and single-plaintiff actions involving claims of wage and hour violations and worker misclassification. Our lawyers also routinely defend against single-plaintiff harassment, discrimination, and retaliation cases as well as those involving leaves and disability related claims, which are often related to workers’ compensation injuries. We also develop, implement, and enforce alternative dispute resolution programs to prevent class and collective actions.
- Labor Relations. Our team can help union and non-union employers to devise and deploy strategies designed to promote positive employee relations plans, respond to any signs of worker discontent, negotiate and renew employee and union contracts, confront union requests and demands, devise collective bargaining strategies, represent you in labor negotiations, and defend against labor arbitration and unfair labor practice charges before the NLRB.
- Workplace Safety. While always vital, workplace safety is more important than ever before. Our team can help you develop safety programs, proactively comply with OSHA standards, and prevent unsafe conditions while defending you in the event of inspections, enforcement actions, or accidents. We have extensive experience creating COVID testing policies and protocols and in helping clients deal with non-compliant workers and outbreaks.
- Privacy. You rely on increasing amounts of data to help manage your employees, understand your customers, and ensure smooth operations. In collaboration with Fisher Phillips’ Data Security and Workplace Privacy team, we’ll assist in protecting sensitive data, managing risks, complying with myriad laws and regulations, addressing data breaches, and defending against lawsuits, investigations, and enforcement actions. Members of our team have significant experience helping clients properly handle employees’ personal private information amid COVID-19 safety protocols and HIPAA laws.
- Contingent Workforces/Staffing Companies. You may rely on temporary workers to staff important functions across your business, raising contingent employer issues and the threat of being deemed a “joint employer.” We’ll help protect you by negotiating temp labor and staffing agreements and defending against misclassification, wage and hour, and employment claims, among other services.
- Advice and Counsel. You can call on us to handle any workplace concerns you may have. Among other areas, we help clients:
- Comply with interstate and intrastate regulations
- Develop employment handbooks, manuals, and policies
- Attract and retain workers (e.g., incentives, compensation and benefits plans, accommodations)
- Train employees and managers
- Discipline and terminate workers
- Provide guidance on workplace investigations
- Navigate complex leave management and workplace accommodation issues
- Implement Crisis Management Plans
- Partner with your Human Resources, Risk Management, Labor Relations, Operations, Finance, and Legal Departments to ensure the organization’s goals are met on all levels.