Five Things Employers Should Know About Ohio's Medical Marijuana Law
In the article, “Five Things Employers Should Know About Ohio's Medical Marijuana Law,” featured on the Ohio State Bar Association’s website, Partner Sarah Moore identifies how Ohio's new medical marijuana law will impact workplaces within the state.
- Drug-free workplaces and zero-tolerance drug policies remain alive and well
- No obligation to accommodate an employee's medical marijuana use
- It's legal to fire employees for use, possession or distribution of medical marijuana
- Medical marijuana users are not entitled to unemployment benefits
- Workers' compensation claim defenses are unchanged
To read the full article, please visit the Ohio State Bar Association.