Monica Snyder, an associate in the Boston and New York office of Fisher Phillips, represents management on a variety of employment matters in state and federal court and before administrative agencies. Monica has defended employers against discrimination, sexual harassment and wrongful termination suits under both federal and state laws, including claims brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and Massachusetts Chapter 151B. Monica also assists employers in their liability prevention efforts by conducting employee training, preparing handbooks and implementing policies, as well as conducting pay equity audits.
Monica regularly speaks on issues involving sexual harassment, including the #metoo movement. She is also an active member of Fisher Phillips’ Pay Equity Practice Group, where she analyzes compensation issues related to gender.
While in law school, Monica served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Patti B. Saris of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts and was a Note Editor of the Journal of Science and Technology Law.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- 2017 Krupp Leadership Award, Anti-Defamation League
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star in Employment & Labor (2016-2018)
- Boston Bar Association
- Member, Labor & Employment Section Steering Committee
- Member, Society of Fellows
- Anti-Defamation League, Associate Board Member and Co-Chair of Young Lawyers Committee, 2015
- Amherst College Alumni Association, Class Agent
- Combined Jewish Philanthropies, Young Lawyers Group
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- WebinarMultiple Dates
- Sexual Harassment and Bullying in the #MeToo Era" for the Building Trades Employers’ Association on October 19, 2018
- Presenter, Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Prevention Training- January, 2016
- Speaker, Massachusetts Farm Bureau Annual Meeting, “Employment Law for Farmers” – December, 2015
- Presenter, Sexual Harassment Prevention Training – June, 2015
- Speaker, American College of Health Care Administrators Massachusetts Chapter Annual Meeting (ACHCA) – March, 2015
- Guest Speaker, Radio Entrepreneurs – March, 2015
- Pay Equity Matters: Mind the Gap6.17.19
- Pay Equity Matters: Mind the Gap4.29.19
- Pay Equity Matters: Mind the Gap3.1.19
- Pay Equity Matters: Mind the Gap2.19.19
- Pay Equity Matters: Mind the Gap12.18.18
- The Long-Anticipated Document Raises As Many Questions As It Answers3.5.18
- Boston University School of LawJ.D.
- Amherst CollegeB.A. cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts