Marty Heller is a member of the firm’s COVID-19 Taskforce, a cross-disciplinary team of attorneys dedicated to advising employers on the many workplace law aspects of the global coronavirus pandemic.
An experienced litigator and wage and hour guru, Marty Heller is a partner in the firm's Atlanta office and is a core member of the firm’s wage and hour practice group. Marty brings together a combination of litigation abilities and detailed compliance knowledge to try to solve your wage and hour problems before they hit the media and your company’s bottom-line.
Given his background, a significant portion of Marty’s practice focuses on wage and hour law, including minimum wage, overtime, timekeeping, and exemptions under federal law. Marty advises clients nationwide on preventive issues, representing employers in government investigations, and conducting compliance audits with respect to wage practices.
Marty also maintains a heavy litigation practice, defending complex employment matters and class or collective actions. He also is a frequent speaker on these issues, including seminars, webinars and industry events.
Marty also devotes much of his practice to providing effective and efficient general counseling to his and the firm’s clients, with a focus on resolving difficult issues to avoid litigation. When litigation cannot be avoided, Marty defends clients in discrimination and harassment claims as well.
Marty has been listed in Georgia Super Lawyers – Rising Stars since 2015, and is a graduate of Leadership Cobb (part of the Cobb Chamber of Commerce).
Marty is a resident of Cobb County where he resides with his wife, two children, and three dogs.
Honors & Leadership
Marty is actively involved in the Cobb Chamber of Commerce, the Cobb Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, the Society for Human Resource Management, and Disability Management & Absence Management Professionals.
Marty is a current steering committee member and past chair of the Cobb Chamber Group Cobb Young Professionals. He is a former board member of the Cobb Bar’s Young Lawyers Division, and he is an active member of the Board for the Atlanta Chapter of Disability Management & Absence Management Professionals.
Marty is an active member of the Cobb County Community, and volunteers his time with local charities including the Center for Family Resources, Habitat for Humanity and Mentoring for Leadership, amongst others.
- New Partners Include Over 45% Women12.20.19
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- WebinarMultiple dates
October 16, 2019 – Aurora Webinar – Travel Pay Explained
January 9, 2020 – Aurora Webinar – Conducting Effective Workplace Investigations
February 12, 2020 – Aurora Webinar – Navigating ADA and FMLA leave issues
March 18, 2020 – Aurora Webinar – Calculating Overtime under the FLSA
March 26, 2020 – Aurora Webinar – Understanding the FFCRA
April 1, 2020 – Speaker – Society of Independent Gasoline Marketers of America (SIGMA)
May 5, 2020 – Aurora Webinar – Understanding The Department of Labor’s New Regulations
May 13, 2020 – Speaker – Wage and Hour Professional Training
August 13, 2020 – Aurora Webinar – How to Determine a Reasonable Accommodation
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog8.31.20
- “Bonus Material” – A Deeper Dive Into The U.S. Department of Labor’s Final Regulations on the Fluctuating WorkweekWage and Hour Laws Blog5.26.20
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog9.25.19
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog5.31.19
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog4.1.19
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog2.18.19
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog10.18.18
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog9.11.18
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog8.28.18
- Serenity Now – Looking Back On USDOL's Actions Mid-Year, And A Sneak Peek At What Might Be Coming (Updated 06 26 18)Wage and Hour Laws Blog6.21.18
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog3.23.18
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog1.31.18
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog1.8.18
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog12.5.17
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog9.13.17
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog9.1.17
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog6.28.17
- University of South Carolina School of LawJ.D. 2008
- University of GeorgiaB.A. 2005
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia