Marty Heller is Of Counsel with the firm’s Atlanta office. Marty represents public and private employers on a national, regional, and local basis in all aspects of employment litigation, including wage and hour claims, employment discrimination claims, family and medical leave claims, and employment based contractual disputes.
Marty also devotes much of his practice to providing general counseling and employment advice to employers on their day-to-day employment issues, and on the implementation of new employment policies and practices. Marty regularly reviews the job classifications of employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act and provides advice on proposed changes.
Marty has been listed in Georgia Super Lawyers – Rising Stars since 2015, and is a graduate of Leadership Cobb (part of the Cobb Chamber of Commerce).
Marty is a resident of Cobb County where he resides with his wife, two children, and two dogs.
Honors & Leadership
Marty is actively involved in the Cobb Chamber of Commerce, the Cobb Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, the Society for Human Resource Management, and Disability Management & Absence Management Professionals.
Marty is a current steering committee member and past chair of the Cobb Chamber Group Cobb Young Professionals. He is a former board member of the Cobb Bar’s Young Lawyers Division, and he is an active member of the Board for the Atlanta Chapter of Disability Management & Absence Management Professionals.
Marty is an active member of the Cobb County Community, and volunteers his time with local charities including the Center for Family Resources, Habitat for Humanity and Mentoring for Leadership, amongst others.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Cobb Chamber of Commerce – Wage and Hour Law Update
- DMEC – Annual Legislative Update (2014, 2015 and 2016)
- SHRM Atlanta – Handling FMLA and ADA Leaves Of Absence
- Hospitality Law Conference – Common FLSA Mistakes
- NBI – Handling Difficult Employees
- Lorman Seminars – Employment Law Update
- National Fraternity and Sorority Law Seminar – 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog3.23.18
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog1.31.18
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog1.8.18
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog12.5.17
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog9.13.17
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog9.1.17
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog6.28.17
- University of South Carolina School of LawJ.D. 2008
- University of GeorgiaB.A. 2005
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia