Kristen J. Nesbit
Kristen Nesbit is a partner in the firm's Los Angeles office, where she concentrates her practice on employment litigation and client counseling.
She has represented public entities, private corporations, and individuals, in both state and federal courts. Kristen has also represented various employers before the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB), where she has successfully defended clients against Labor Code Section 132a claims.
She also advises employers on all aspects of employment-related matters, including hiring, company layoffs, workers compensation benefits and claims, developing employment policies and handbooks, and employee discipline and termination.
In 2013 Kristen was named to the ‘Hot List’ for Minority Attorneys Under 40 in the Western Region by Lawyers of Color Inc. Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Kristen practiced at a general civil litigation firm, with an emphasis on employment law.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- ‘Hot List’ for Minority Attorneys Under 40 in the Western Region by Lawyers of Color Inc. (2013)
- Southern California Super Lawyers - "Rising Star" (2016)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member (2006-present)
- John M. Langston Bar Association, Member (2006-present)
- Judge Stephen O’Neil Mentoring Program, Advisor (2006-2009)
- Stop the Violence, Increase the Peace Organization, Board Member (2008-present)
- Society for Human Resource Management, Member (2009-present)
- American Association of Blacks in Energy, Board Member (2010-present); Legislation Committee Co-Chair (2010-2011)
- Labor and Employment attorneys represent six offices1.1.15
- Kristen Nesbit Named to Lawyers of Color ‘Hot List' for Minority Attorneys Under 40 in Western Region7.5.13
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Breakfast Briefing10.1.15