Karl R. Lindegren
Karl Lindegren is a partner in the Irvine and Los Angeles offices. He represents employers in all areas of labor and employment law.
He provides clients with preventive advice and counseling on issues ranging from union avoidance to compliance with state and federal laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), defending and preventing wrongful discharge and discrimination claims and protection of trade secrets.
His litigation practice includes jury trials, bench trials and arbitrations, as well as appeals before the California Courts of Appeal, the 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, and the Montana Supreme Court. Karl frequently speaks to employer groups and provides training to clients and human resource groups.
He is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2010.
Karl was recognized as a Litigation – Labor and Employment Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America for 2014.
Honors & Leadership
Served as Chair of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association in 2006; member of the American Bar Associations Labor and Employment Law Section and the California State Bar Labor and Employment Section.
- Groundhog Day Comes Early For West Coast Auto Dealers: Another Loss In Service Advisor Exemption Battle1.10.17
- Union Avoidance
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- California Appellate
- Wrongful Termination
- Trade Secrets Protection
- Automotive Dealership
- Employee Defection and Trade Secrets
- Workplace Safety and Catastrophe Management
- Government Relations
- Labor Relations
- California Employment Law
- Class and Collective Actions
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, Los Angeles
- University of Southern CaliforniaA.B. 1982, magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Supreme Court of California
- California Courts of Appeal