Jonathan P. Pearson
Jon Pearson is a senior counsel in the firm's Columbia office. His practice emphasizes employment litigation of all types before state and federal courts, as well as traditional labor law.
He has handled lawsuits and administrative charges involving wrongful discharge, Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), as well as many other types of employment-based claims.
Jon has also represented numerous employers before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) in union representation elections and unfair labor practice charges.
Jon has been particularly active in assisting employers in union contract negotiations and in dealing with strike-related issues, such as contingency planning and injunction proceedings. He regularly represents employers with occupational safety and health issues, including litigating contested citations before state and federal agencies.
He has also served as Chairman of the Employment and Labor Section of the South Carolina Bar.
Jon is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been included in the South Carolina Super Lawyers list since 2008. He has been listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2003 and in The Best Lawyers in America since 2006.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- AV Peer rated in Martindale Hubbell
- South Carolina Super Lawyers since 2008
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2003
- Best Lawyers in America since 2006
- Past Chairman, Employment and Labor Law Section of South Carolina Bar
- Member, Management Labor and Employment Roundtable
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.3.18
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.30.17
- Latest Edition Written by Fisher Phillips Labor and Employment Attorneys8.11.09
- University of South Carolina School of LawJ.D. 1976, cum laude
- University of South CarolinaB.A. 1973, cum laude
- South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina