Ilanit Fischler is an associate in the firm’s Fort Lauderdale office. She represents employers in a broad range of matters relating to the workplace, including claims of unlawful discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour, and contract disputes before federal and state courts, and administrative agencies.
Ilanit’s practice includes representing employers in matters involving the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including assisting in the development of preventative measures, providing representation during OSHA worksite inspections, negotiating and contesting citations issued by the Agency, and handling claims of retaliation.
Ilanit also counsels employers on preventative measures and best practices to ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, and reduce the risk of litigation. She conducts internal audits, drafts and revises employee handbooks and other policies, prepares severance agreements, and provides counsel regarding day-to-day employment issues.
Ilanit is fluent in Spanish.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Division
- Member, Broward County Bar Association
- Junior Director, Latin Builders Association
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Fisher Phillips Fort Lauderdale Breakfast Briefing8.3.17
- Overtime Rule Changes are Coming, Strategies to Ensure You Will Be Ready, October 2016
- Update on OSHA’s Reporting Requirements, April 2016
- EOO: It’s Your Job, March 2016
- Update on OSHA’s Reporting Requirements, April 2015
- The Distinction Matters: Contractors Must Properly Classify Workers as Employees or Independent Contractors
Co-Author: Michelle Suarez
Jun 15, 2016
- The Eleventh Circuit Limits Employer Liability for Safety Violations Under OSHA
Broward County Bar Association Barrister
- The State of Retaliation Claims After University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center v. Nassar
Volume 29, Issue 16
Mar 3, 2015
- Tax Implications of Employment-Related Settlement Agreements
Volume 29, Issue 7
Oct 28, 2014
- George Washington University Law SchoolJ.D. 2013
- University of FloridaB.S. 2010, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida