George (Trey) Reeves is a partner in the Columbia office. His practice primarily involves representation of management in employment and labor litigation involving discrimination, harassment and retaliation under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA); wage and hour litigation under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA); and employment litigation under state law for workplace torts such as defamation, wrongful termination, invasion of privacy, and negligent hiring or supervision. George also represents employers in audits and investigations by federal and state agencies investigating or challenging employers’ wage and hour practices and worker misclassification issues.
George is a frequent presenter on employment and labor issues for local and state Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) chapters, chambers of commerce and other professional organizations. Prior to attending law school, George served in the United States Navy.
Honors & Leadership
- Member and Legislative Chair, Central Savannah River Area SHRM Chapter
- Member, South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
George is the Legislative Chair for the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA) chapter of the Society for Human Resource Managers. George is a nationally licensed soccer coach and coaches youth academy soccer.
- Labor and Employment attorneys represent 11 offices1.2.18
- Latest Edition Written by Fisher Phillips Labor and Employment Attorneys8.11.09
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- One Day, Many Solutions Columbia5.4.16
- Fisher Phillips Participates In Columbia SHRM's Update For Human Resources And Business Professionals4.17.14
- University of South Carolina School of LawJ.D. 2005
- Augusta State UniversityB.A. 1998
- South Carolina
- South Carolina Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina