Workplace Privacy and Data Security Seminar
Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce
(Randy Marion Conference Center)
19900 W. Catawba Ave.
Cornelius, NC 28031
Join R3 Risk Management and Central Carolina Insurance Agency for an informative session on workplace privacy and data security.
Moving from Convenience to Security by John Griffith, Owner, TeamLogic IT of South Charlotte
- What is Data Security?
- Email fraud/Phishing Scams – how they work, examples.
- Malware and Ransomware – how they work, examples.
- A change in mindset is required for us to be secure.
Combating the Insider Threat by Adam Bridgers (CIPP/US), Attorney, Fisher Phillips
- Types of security threats employees can pose to companies;
- Tools available to assess your company’s potential exposure to insider threats;
- Best practices to implement to protect your organization from potential cyber-attacks; and
- Recommendations for policies and practices that can help to protect your company from the loss of confidential and proprietary information.
Reserve your spot by registering with Steve Melton, CIC CLU at email@example.com or 704-574-2991.
**This program has been submitted for review by the HR Certification Institute and SHRM for credits.