What Employers Need to Know About Wellness Program Administration
This webinar will cover what to consider when sponsoring a wellness program.
This webinar will:
- Describe wellness programs
- Briefly describe the laws and regulations that govern wellness programs
- Discuss how employers should approach different levels of wellness program involvement such as engaging with the carrier’s wellness program, offering a health risk assessment, and administering payroll deductions.
- Address how an employer can be compliant with wellness program regulations when an employer uses a carrier-provided wellness program
- Discuss the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s regulations regarding spousal consent when the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA) applies to a wellness program
- Discuss the importance of having a bona fide wellness program if an employer implements a tobacco surcharge
- Provide sample language for a tobacco surcharge affidavit
- Discuss payroll deduction administration, such as applying a discount to an employee’s premium, changing premium amounts, and giving money back to employees based on their participation in the wellness program
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand how to administer wellness programs.