What Employers Need to Know About Cafeteria Plan Nondiscrimination Rules
A cafeteria plan is a written plan - maintained by an employer for employees - that must meet requirements of the Internal Revenue Code Section 125 regulations. A cafeteria plan provides participants with an opportunity to receive certain benefits on a pretax basis. To comply with Section 125, a cafeteria plan must satisfy structural requirements and a set of nondiscrimination rules. This webinar will help employers understand their responsibilities under the nondiscrimination rules.
This webinar will:
- Review the basics of a cafeteria plan
- Explain the key terms used in the nondiscrimination tests
- Discuss the nondiscrimination tests
- Discuss the safe harbors for cafeteria plans
- Describe testing frequency
- Discuss the consequences of failing nondiscrimination testing
- Describe best practices in cafeteria plan design, testing, and taking corrective actions
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand cafeteria plan nondiscrimination rules.
The presentation will be posted on the UBA website the day before the webinar.
Register here for the webinar.