The Injured Worker: Practical Workers' Compensation Approaches for Defending Off-Premises Injuries and Additional Liabilities
This complementary briefing will answer some of the most common yet difficult questions arising in workers’ comp claims, and provide attendees with the tools they need to successfully navigate complex claims (including in particular those stemming from “commute” injuries). In addition, we’ll take an in-depth look at employee leave and terminations in the context of workers’ compensation rules and requirements.
- Understanding the scope of what constitutes an injury “at work”
- Analyzing claim facts to determine whether Ohio’s “Coming and Going rule” exclusion applies to a workers’ compensation claim
- Knowing the steps to take to defend a claim that occurs off premises
- Ability to analyze the interaction of the ADA, FMLA and Workers’ Compensation Laws
- Recognizing the important areas of interplay between the three laws that employers need to consider when managing employee absenteeism
Please RSVP to Amy Avon at email@example.com by March 6, 2015.
Date and location:
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
9150 South Hills Boulevard
Lower Level Conference Center
Broadview Heights, Ohio 44147
Registration and Breakfast
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
This program has been approved for 1.5 hours of Ohio CLE credit.
This program has been approved for 1 hour of HRCI recertification credit