The Fine Art of Employment Law: From Compliance to the Courtroom
Fairwinds Alumni Center
University of Central Florida
12676 Gemini Blvd. N.
Orlando, FL 32816-0046
Join us for an engaging way to learn how to avoid the mistakes employers make that expose them to liability. As we weave in our fictitious case of Janet Ballantine v. Timeshares Are Us, attendees will get a close-up look at the best practices for the handling of internal complaints, discipline and termination, administrative agency reviews, and litigation discovery. Our program will conclude with an interactive and entertaining mock trial in which each attendee will serve as a member of a jury.
- Conducting Internal Investigations: What to do When Employees Won't Play Nice in the Sandbox
- Fifty Shades of Smarter: Keeping Discipline and Termination “N.E.A.T.” and “C.L.E.A.N"
- Handling the EEOC/FCHR Charge
- Discovery: What’s the Big Deal?
- Art Imitating Life: Painting the Picture with a Mock Trial
- Questions and Answers
Click here for agenda.
8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
Registration & Breakfast
8:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Workshop (Lunch will be provided)
Early Registration Discount through October 6, 2017: $145 per person; and $125 per person if more than one person from the same company registers.
Registration: $165 per person; and $145 per person if more than one person from the same
Questions? Contact Elizabeth Hickman at email@example.com or 954.847.4713.
* SHRM and HRCI, Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits are pending.