The Coronavirus: Workplace Guidance for TN & MS Employers and HR Professionals on COVID-19
The Coronavirus has now spread to almost every state in the U.S and is causing significant disruptions in workplaces. U.S. officials are developing plans to respond, and further spread is likely more a question of when, not if. Because of this significant and growing impact, employers need to know what their responsibilities are and how their available responses are limited under the law. This webinar will address the following topics:
- What are employers' legal obligations related to the virus and its impact on employees?
- What steps can employers take to protect their employees and their businesses?
- What should an employer do when symptom-free employees decline to come to work?
- Do employees have to be paid if their job duties will not exist for the next 30 days?
- This will provide guidance to TN and MS employers only.
Fisher Phillips attorneys Gabe McGaha and Marilyn Higdon will present in this Webinar.
Be sure to attend the upcoming Society for Human Resource Management’s Annual Legal Day Conference (date being rescheduled), at which Gabe and Jeff Weintraub will be presenting! Registration information can be found here: https://shrm-memphis.org/meetinginfo.php?id=174&ts=1583780577