Social Media in the 2012 Workplace - Covington, GA - November 8
Presented by Fisher Phillips and the Newton County Chamber of Commerce
Social media is a part of everyday life, including life at work. Employees' use of work time and company-owned equipment to post, blog, and tweet is, of course, a concern for employers. But even when employees are on their own time and using their own computers (or smartphones or tablets), it is understandable that employers want some reasonable level of control over what employees are "telling the world" about the organization and its employees in social media. Can or should you monitor or control these activities? Can you legally use any information found on these sites?
Fisher Phillips Partner Jennifer Sandberg will present an informative program that will cover:
- The headaches of social media for employers
- Statistics of social media in the workplace
- Employment screening tools for social media
- Legal claims based on employees usage of social media
- What the NLRB says about social media
- Sample social media policies
Seminar Date and Location:
- November 8 - Newton College & Career Academy, 144 Ram Drive, Covington, GA
Registration & Continental Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Program: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Cost: $25 Per Person
To register or for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (770) 786-7510.