Privacy & Cybersecurity: HR’s Duty to Protect Data and Combat Insider Threats
EPIC Building, Room 3222
8700 Phillips Road
Charlotte, NC 28223
*Parking info below
Learn why it is essential for organizations to be aware of and mitigate the risks of cloud based threats. Failure to have a plan, and a team defined, in place and ready to act, puts your bottom line and your corporate values at risk and could become the single largest impediment to achieving your company's strategic goals.
National and regional very experienced professionals will share their observations and case studies. They will discuss the important and evolving HR role in coordinating leadership team across the IT, risk, legal, operations and security functions in aligning policies, communications, and raising employee and leadership awareness and vigilance in protecting data and combating the Insider Threat.
Parking in CRI-1 Deck (Robert D. Snyder Road and Epic Lane, Charlotte, North Carolina 28262) - FREE exit ticket provided.
Cost: $29 to $59.
To register at no charge, please click HERE, click on the green “TICKETS” button on the page that appears, click on the blue “Enter Promotional Code” in the pop-up window that appears and enter the code, CEHR4MGUEST20170620, select your number of tickets and complete the form that appears.
- Safety Briefing
- Overview of the day’s program
- Self-introduction of all attendees
12:30 – 1:30 pm
"The Enemy Within" Case Study
Jack Barsky, Author
1:30 - 2:30 pm
Learnings from the FBI and InfraGuard
Jim Granozio, Special Agent, U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation
2:30 - 2:45 pm
Meeting Concludes and Adjourns to Social Hour (nearby restaurant)
About our Speakers:
- Jack Barsky, Author of The Enemy Within – Jack is a former Soviet Agent who rose to senior roles within the Energy Industry and has been featured on 60 Minutes and will be available for book sales and signing. He will share observations on best practices in assuring organization security.
- James “Jim” Granozio FBI Special Agent joined the FBI in July 2003 and was assigned to the Newark Field Office where he investigated organized crime, public corruption and cybercrime matters. Agent Granozio was subsequently selected for a supervisory position in the FBI’s Cyber Division in Washington, D.C. In 2012, he was transferred to the Charlotte Field Office where he now investigates cyber national security matters and serves as FBI Coordinator for the Charlotte and Eastern Carolina InfraGard Chapters.
- Timothy D. Bloechl, Director Cyber Security Quantum Research International, will share specific case studies from incidents of intrusion and hacking and ransomware attacks and outline what can your leadership team begin doing today to mitigate risks in real time.
- Matt Sadinsky , CEO, PReP Intl., has co-founded companies and led large HR organizations. He has developed products and teams focused on creating vibrant learning organizations. Matt has promoted the use state-of-the-art tools and processes to design and implement effective growth and transformation strategies for over thirty years. His career has been centered in the energy industry where he has served utilities and energy technology manufacturers and service providers.
- Adam Bridgers, Attorney at Law, Fisher Phillips represents businesses across the United States faced with employment-related issues. He regularly practices in the areas of employment litigation, labor relations, wage and hour law, and workplace privacy. Adam has litigated cases at both the state and federal levels, including several complex cases, such as collective wage and hour actions, unfair competition claims, and trade secret disputes.