Learn to Comply With the New Massachusetts Earned Sick Time Law: A Special Web – Based Training Program
Please designate one registrant per organization. An unlimited number of employees from each registered organization may join the training using login credentials that will be sent 24 hours before the program begins. Please do not add additional attendees at the time of registration.
The Massachusetts Earned Sick Time law became effective on July 1, 2015, affecting all employers nationwide with employees in the Commonwealth. The Attorney General issued final regulations for compliance with the law on June 19, 2015.
The law and regulations are complex, permitting employers to approach compliance in a variety of ways, depending on each organization’s current paid leave policies and related practices.
Fisher Phillips, a national labor and employment law firm representing management, has developed a special web-based training program to enable employers to achieve compliance in the context of their unique organizational cultures and requirements.
Program participants will receive:
- A clear explanation of the law and final regulations.
- Samples of compliant policies based on different sick time accrual methodologies.
- An FAQ sheet that answers many of the most commonly asked questions.
- Copies of all relevant documentation from the Attorney General’s office including the final regulations and “Safe Harbor” provision, the required poster and other compliance documents.
- Access to an open question & answer session.
July 16, 2015
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Eastern
Please designate one registrant per organization. A $150 registration fee will be applied to participating organizations. An unlimited number of employees from each registered organization may join the training using login credentials that will be sent 24 hours before the program begins.
For additional information, please contact Chris McGoldrick in Fisher Phillips’ Boston office.