In the Weeds: Navigating Legal Marijuana in the Workplace
Grand Street Cafe
4740 Grand Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64112
We are at capacity for this event and registration is now closed.
Now that 33 states and the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana in some form, including Missouri, which legalized medical marijuana this past January, employers must evaluate potential workplace issues and take steps to ensure a productive and safe workforce. Between federal laws, state laws, safety regulations and the current administration’s stand on marijuana laws, there is a lot that employers need to know.
Fisher Phillips invites you to attend our next Breakfast Briefing that will address:
- The legal climate of marijuana across the United States, including in Missouri and Kansas
- Can employees consume marijuana at work?
- Can I drug test applicants and employees?
- Do I have to let employees work while high?
- How do medical marijuana laws affect leave laws – FMLA, ADA, workers’ compensation?
- My company is located in Kansas, but some of my employees live in Missouri – how does this new law in Missouri affect me and my company?
This program – tailored to owners, in-house counsel, HR professionals and managers – will navigate the legal minefield of legalized marijuana to help identify the best employment practices for your company.
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Registration and Breakfast
8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Cost: This event is complimentary.
*This program is approved for 1.5 hours of HRCI and SHRM credits, 1.5 hours of CLE credit in Kansas and 1.8 hours of CLE credit in Missouri.
If you have any questions, please contact Kelsey Crews at email@example.com.