Immigration Compliance Under Georgia Law - Canton, GA – February 29
Are You in Compliance With the Immigration Laws?
The Georgia Illegal Immigration Reform and Enforcement Act of 2011 went into effect on July 1, 2011. The E-Verify requirement for private employers started phasing in on January 1, 2012. Are you already using E-Verify under the law? Do you know what you are required to do and when? Kim Kiel Thompson, Chair of the Global Immigration Practice Group at Fisher Phillips will present a discussion of the requirements of the new law.
This session will include topics such as:
- Determining when your company will be required to participate in E-Verify
- What E-Verify is and how to use it
- What additional steps you will need to take if you are a contractor or subcontractor with the State of Georgia or one of its political subdivisions
- Prohibited actions that could result in imprisonment and fines
Seminar Date and Location:
- February 29 - Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce, 3605 Marietta Hwy, Canton, GA
Program: 11:30 a.m. â€“ 2:00 p.m. (Lunch provided)
Cost: $30 for Chamber Members, $55 for Non-Chamber Members
To register or for more information contact Amy Blanton at the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce at (770) 345-0400 or Amy@CherokeeChamber.com.