Class Actions Prevention Bootcamp: How to Prevent the Onslaught of Class Action and PAGA Litigation
Fisher Phillips San Diego Office
First Floor Conference Room
4747 Executive Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
The average class actions settlement in California is $1.36 million. The long-life cycle of a class actions case can be especially costly for businesses. Fisher Phillips partners Aaron Olsen and Jim Fessenden have litigated numerous complex cases on behalf of California employers and are taking these lessons learned to train employers on how to properly set up administrative procedures and structure effective and practical personnel policies and protocols.
During this three-hour boot camp, we will focus on practical action items you can implement to avoid the onslaught of class action and PAGA litigation in California. The course will specifically cover:
- The importance of arbitration agreements, and critical distinctions that affect enforceability;
- The use (and abuse) of PAGA actions, and what you can do about it;
- Payroll record requests: strategies to keep small problems from becoming big ones;
- The latest trends in aggressive class action complaints;
- Hidden traps when cashing out vacation pay;
- The new wave of “off-the-clock” claims and strategies to avoid them;
- How California courts have made giving hourly employees a bonus more difficult;
- Wage statement compliance;
- Why meal and rest break compliance is still a hot issue, and what you should be doing about it.
Please bring a sample wage statement from an hourly employee so Fisher Phillips partners Aaron Olsen and Jim Fessenden can help you identify areas needing change.
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Class Actions Prevention Bootcamp
Continental Breakfast and Lunch Served
The cost to attend this event is $45/person.
*This event is currently pending HRCI/SHRM and CLE credit hours.
For questions, please contact Marisa Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org