Healthcare Reform Upheld – Time to Get to Work
This webinar was originally presented in July 2012.
The Supreme Court ruling on June 28 upholding the Affordable Care Act has removed the uncertainty surrounding the constitutionality of the law. Now, it's time for employers to get to work preparing for its full implementation. The Benefits Attorneys from Fisher Phillips, conducted a webinar to help employers begin the work necessary to implement the law. The attorneys help employers understand:
- The employer "play or pay" mandate
- New nondiscrimination and auto enrollment requirements
- The impact on plan design and costs beginning in 2014
- Disposition of Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) rebates
- New Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) disclosure requirement
- Reporting the cost of group health plan coverage on W-2 forms
- Other items employers need to focus on to get their group health plans in order
To view our legal alert on this ruling click here.