Fisher Phillips 2020 Legislative and Case Law Update - Irvine
Irvine Spectrum Marriott
7905 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
Registration is now closed for this event. For questions, please email CASeminars@fisherphillips.com.
Governor Gavin Newsom recently signed numerous significant pieces of legislation that will impact employers across California. The new legislation ranges from a ban on mandatory arbitration agreements to a complete rewrite of the rules for the use of independent contractors, to a general prohibition on “no-rehire” clauses in settlement agreements. Fisher Phillips attorneys will cover these topics as well as the impact of recent significant court decisions impacting California workplaces. Join us for the Fisher Phillips 2020 California Legislative and Case Law Update. The program will analyze significant new legislation, case law updates, and employee benefits law developments that will impact California employers in the new year.
Important New Legislation to be Covered:
- AB 5 – Rewrite of Independent Contractor Rules
- AB 51 – Prohibits Most Mandatory Arbitration Agreements
- SB 707 – Arbitration Fees Must be Paid Promptly by Drafting Party
- AB 749 – End to “No-Rehire” Provisions in Settlement Agreements.
- AB 9 – Extends Deadline to File Workplace Bias Claims to 3 Years
- AB 25 & AB 1355 – Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- SB 142 – Expansion of Lactation Accommodation Requirements
- SB 188 – Prohibits Employment Discrimination Based on Hairstyles
- SB 778 – Extends Deadline to Provide Harassment Training to Managers and Employees
The program will also cover 2019 significant case law updates and important benefits law updates.
Case Law Updates will Include:
- ZB, N.A. v. Superior Court of San Diego County
- Stoetzl v. Dep’t of Human Resources
- Gilberg v. California Check Cashing Stores, LLC
- Vasquez v. Jan-Pro Franchising Int’l, Inc.
- Ward v. Tilly’s, Inc.
- OTO, LLC v. Kho
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. : Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Legislative Update
10:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.: Break
10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.: Case Law Update
11:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Break
12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Benefits Update
$45/person - $40/person if two or more register from the same organization.
$35/person - SHRM, PIHRA, SDSHRM, SDHR Forum, NCHRA, NHRA, and SAHRA members.
Please note, checks are not being accepted as a form of payment.
Cancellation requests must be received 3 calendar days before the event for a full refund.
If you have any questions, please contact CAseminars@fisherphillips.com.
**This event is pending three hours of HRCI/SHRM credit.