Employment Law for Law Firms
17900 Jamboree Road
Irvine, CA 92614
Law firms and lawyers have employee problems too, and California’s complex employment laws often make those problems more difficult to resolve. This program, presented by partners of the labor and employment law firm Fisher Phillips, will address common employment problems law firms face – and some solutions to those problems. Designed for managing partners, firm administrators, and human resources managers, this presentation will cover topics such as:
Wage & Hour Law for Law Firms
- Who among your staff are really exempt from overtime?
- Why your staff are likely not taking compliant meal and rest breaks
- Use of independent contractors after Dynamex
- Why you should eliminate vacation for attorneys
Leaves of Absences and Accommodations
- Managing pregnancy, family and medical leaves
- Reasonable versus unreasonable accommodations
- Common leave mistakes that lead to lawsuits
- Paid sick leave and why you should separate sick leave and vacation for staff
Elimination of Bias in the #MeToo Era
- New Bar ethics rule addressing law firm discrimination and harassment
- The most common causes of harassment claims today
- Responding effectively to harassment complaints
- Conducting effective harassment training for attorneys and staff
$55/person for two or more attendees from same organization
$55/person for ALA members
Checks will not be accepted as payment for this event. Please pay with credit card upon checkout.
Cancellation requests must be received at least three calendar days before program for a refund.
Please contact Sidra Trajcevska at STrajcevska@fisherphillips.com if you have questions.
* SHRM and HRCI, Continuing Legal Education (CLE) are pending. We will apply for one hour of elimination of bias credit.