Employment Law 101
New Orleans Marriott
555 Canal St.
New Orleans, LA 70130
Virtually every day, there is something in the news or on social media platforms discussing the ever-changing landscape of labor and employment law compliance in the Restaurant and Hospitality industry. The Louisiana Restaurant Association, in conjunction with Fisher Phillips, is pleased to present this half-day seminar to stakeholders in the industry. The seminar is designed for Owners, Human Resource personnel, and General Managers who are responsible for complying with the laws that impact the industry.
2:00 p.m. - 2:10 p.m.
Why are we here and why is this seminar important to you?
Introductory remarks by Stan Harris, President and CEO, Louisiana Restaurant Association
2:10 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Essentials To Avoid Claims of Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Retaliation
- Overview of applicable laws and how just one claim can cause disruption and create significant expense;
- The policies that you must have for your workplace;
- Best practices on how to prevent discrimination, sexual harassment, and retaliation from occurring;
- Training front-line managers to mitigate liability;
- Using progressive discipline effectively to stem claims and send the right message;
- Best practices for conducting a workplace investigation and resolving problems “in house.”
3:00 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.
3:10 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Handling Requests for Accommodations Under the ADAAA, the FMLA, and Pregnancy Laws
- Update on the Americans With Disabilities Act and compliance obligations;
- Update on the Family Medical Leave Act and compliance obligations;
- Update on the Pregnancy Discrimination Act and compliance obligations;
- State laws that impact leave and accommodation requests;
- Best practices for considering and implementing accommodation requests from employees;
- Best practices for handling return to work issues.
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The Role of an HR Consultant & How They Can Augment Your Staff
w/ P & N
4:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
What Insurance Options and Coverages You Should Consider
w/ Arthur J. Gallagher
4:15 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
>> Click Here To Register <<
*This program has been submitted to HRCI and SHRM for credits.