Don’t Get Stranded
Hilton Conference Center
2055 Summer Lee Dr
Rockwall, TX 75032
The number of retaliation claims has nearly tripled since 1997, and retaliation now is the most frequently filed charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. An employee who is injured while working for a non-subscribing employer must prove negligence of the employer in order to be eligible for compensation. A negligent employer has limited defenses against liability.Texas has laws specifically governing the enforceability of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements between employees and employers.
At the annual HR Legal Conference, hosted by TrendHR, sessions will be covered by the labor and employment lawyers from Fisher Phillips. Gain perspective on how to handle and stay compliant with these issues an increasing amount of companies are facing.
7:30am Check-In and Complimentary Breakfast
8:15am Employment Law Update – Art Lambert, Partner
9:50am Make Sure the Ship isn’t Leaking: Nuts & Bolts Wage and Hour Law Compliance for HR – Mike Abcarian, Partner
12:00 Lunch Break (Lunch is on your own)
1:30pm #MeToo #NotHere #SafeHarbor – Janet Hendrick, Partner
2:45pm Navigating an Effective Fact-Finding Course
Things to Note:
- Breakfast is provided with your registration. An assortment of pastries, fruits, breakfast burritos and croissants... and of course coffee!
- Check-In starts at 7:30. You will receive a tote with the conference booklet filled with the entire day's presentations.
- Your credits will be available for pick up after each session – You must turn in a survey to receive a certificate.
- Lunch is not provided, but there are numerous places to eat within walking distance
- Coffee, tea and water will be available throughout the day.