Breakfast Briefing: How Do I Handle A Whistleblower Issue At My Organization?
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel
175 Park Avenue
Florham Park, NJ 07932
Whistleblower issues present very real challenges to management and human resources professionals. This is acutely true in New Jersey, which prides itself on having the most comprehensive and protective whistleblower statute in the country. The damage that can be inflicted to organizations’ business operations, public perception, and bottom line is substantial if handled improperly. Every organization needs to approach the issue strategically. This presentation will help managers and human resources professionals develop an understanding of the core questions that should be considered before issues arise. For example:
• Who is properly classified as a “whistleblower”?
• What types of activities are legitimate whistleblower issues?
• Does it matter if the whistleblower is right or wrong?
• How do I combat retaliation in the workplace?
• What should my policies say?
• What role does technology/social media play in the equation?
• What type of documentation should I prepare when faced with a whistleblowing issue?
• What does the company do if it gets sued by a current employee?
Learning to deal with these questions will inform the creation of whistleblower protocols that leave you and your organization protected.
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. – Breakfast and registration
8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Presentation
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – Open Q&A session
Members in Transition: $20
Student Members: $20
Volunteer Chairs: $20
**This program has been submitted for HR Certification Institute and SHRM credits.