4th Annual Southeastern Employment Law Certificate Series 2015
Presented by Fisher Phillips and Strategic HR Partners LLC
Get educated on employment law issues in 2015! This series of four seminars, presented by attorneys from Fisher Phillips, is designed to keep Human Resource professionals, executives, business owners, and management personnel abreast of all the personnel and employment issues that businesses face on a day to day basis.
Seminar Location: All sessions will be held at The Cunningham Conference Center at Columbus State University, Columbus, Georgia.
Session 1 – Friday, March 20
- What to Watch for in Labor & Employment in 2015
- Wage-Hour – Helping You Keep Up with the Law Most Favored by Plaintiffs' Attorneys
Session 2 – Friday, May 15
- The Anatomy of a Human Resources Lawsuit
- Healthcare Reform Update
Session 3 – Friday, July 17
- Sick & Tired – Managing Employee Attendance While Dealing with the Devil's Triangle of ADA, FMLA and Workers' Compensation
- Immigration Compliance
- Invading Your Employees' Privacy: Finding a Balance Between an Employee's Freedom and an Employer's Need to Monitor
Session 4 – Friday, September 25
- Which is Riskier? Hiring Criminals or Conducting Background Checks?
- They Are Not My Employees! Or Are They? Reviewing the Independent Contractor Minefield
- Social Media & Electronic Communications Policies: Are You Keeping Up
- Employee Document Essentials: What to Keep, What to Trash, and What could Land Your Business in the Courtroom
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Program:9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Cost: $340 per person Non-member or $260 per person Member of Strategic HR Partners and/or SHRM. $300 per person Non-Member or $220 per person Member of Strategic HR Partners and/or SHRM sponsoring chapters.
**This pricing is for multiple attendees per company.
To register and for more information, contact Strategic HR Partners at (706) 561-2465, fax (706) 562-1821 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has been pre-approved by HR Certification Institute and SHRM.