Covering All Bases: Hot Topics in Labor & Employment Law
2001 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80205
*We have reached capacity for this event and registration is now closed. If you have any questions, please contact Kelsey Crews at email@example.com.
Please join Fisher Phillips for our labor and employment law seminar designed to provide timely information on hot topics in HR and employment law. Our panels will provide practical solutions to some of the most important issues employers, HR professionals, and in-house counsel are facing in today’s ever-changing workplace environment.
8:30 - 9:00 a.m. – Registration & Breakfast
9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. – Presentations
- What’s New in 2020? – New state and federal laws that will affect employers in 2020 and beyond
A look at the new laws employers need to be aware of in the new year, from wage and hour and vacation policies to immigration and labor issues.
- Mind the Gap – Practical solutions to minimize pay equity claims
Navigating the evolving arena of pay equity laws to help employers avoid gender-based discrimination claims based on pay, manage overall employee morale, and handle the heightened publicity surrounding pay equity issues.
- Conducting Workplace Investigations – The difference between a litigation-free resolution and long, costly lawsuit
Common mistakes employers often make during investigations and solutions to those challenges to ensure an effective and thorough investigation.
- *Lunch Keynote: Plaintiff’s Attorney Perspective – To sue, or not to sue?
What plaintiff’s attorneys look for when deciding whether or not to file a lawsuit on behalf of their client.
- Crisis Management – Dealing with the unexpected
Common crises that employers face – from workplace violence and fatalities, to data breaches and ICE raids, and more – and how to properly plan and respond.
- Unseen Disabilities – An employer’s guide to mental health conditions and substance abuse in the workplace
A deep dive into disabilities often unnoticed or overlooked in the workplace, and tips for employers on how to navigate the unique challenges they present.
$75 per person/$65 per person if two or more register from the same organization
Breakfast, lunch, and materials will be provided.
Complimentary parking is available in Lot A, the closest lot to the stadium. Please click here for a map and directions
*This program is pending approval for HRCI and SHRM credit and CLE credit in Colorado.
Questions? Please contact Kelsey Crews.