2019 Legally Required Supervisor Harassment Prevention Training - San Diego
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
10950 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA 92037
*Registration is now closed. For questions, please reach out to CASeminars@fisherphillips.com.
AB 1825 requires that by January 1, 2020, all California employers with five or more employees must provide at least two hours of anti-harassment training to those in supervisory roles. Newly expanded harassment-training requirements mean employees must be trained during the 2019 calendar year. Employees who were trained in 2018 or before will need to be retrained.
Fisher Phillips anti-harassment training workshop is a cost-effective way to provide this mandatory training to supervisors. The training is interactive and practical, teaching supervisors essential management skills while discussing the legally required harassment related topics. Classes will be taught by attorneys who are extremely knowledgeable in this area of the law and well known for their practical and engaging training programs.
Who is required to attend:
- Supervisors – every two years
- New Supervisors – within six months of promotion
- Anyone who hires, fires, disciplines, and/or directs the work of one or more employees
The seminar will cover:
- Explanation of protected categories
- Address SB 396 requirements
- Types of harassment and bullying
- Responsibility of supervisors and companies
- How to conduct an investigation
- Best practices
PLUS: Attend an additional “Train the Trainer” Session
This session is designed for human resources professionals who are experienced in the area of sexual harassment training and investigations. Participants of the Train the Trainer are required to attend the initial training session from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m., which will be followed by the Train the Trainer portion from 11:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Who is eligible to attend train the trainer?
- HR Professionals with two years’ experience handling claims of sexual harassment
- Trainers specializing in sexual harassment prevention
- Attorneys that specialize in labor law
- University professors that teach labor law
Harassment Training Seminar: $75 per person or $65 if two or more individuals from the same company attend. Includes a PDF of the PowerPoint presentation.
Harassment Training Seminar PLUS the Train the Trainer Session: $225 per person for both sessions. Includes all training materials, and a link to a PowerPoint presentation that can be used and modified for your company’s training.
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Harassment Training Program
11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
11:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Special Train-the-Trainer Session
Please contact CASeminars@fisherphillips.com should you have any questions.