2017 Fisher Phillips Annual Labor and Employment Law Summit
The Westin Cypress Creek
400 Corporate Dr.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
**Registration has reached capacity. Please contact Elizabeth Hickman at email@example.com or (954) 847-4713 for more details.**
Join the Fisher Phillips Fort Lauderdale attorneys as they explore new developments and regulations impacting employers in 2017.
A day of practical solutions to workplace problems for anyone who manages employees or makes decisions impacting the workplace.
- Legislative Update: Employers are faced with a constant bombardment of new laws and case law developments. This briefing will focus on what employers need to know to keep pace with these changes.
- Privacy In The Workplace: Whose Business Is It Anyway?: Advancements in technology, social media usage, and evolving privacy laws make finding the right balance between employee privacy and management’s need to know a challenge for employers. Where are the boundaries between protecting the company’s business interests and ensuring employee productivity, and invading employee privacy? This session will examine these concerns, the use of new monitoring technology, and best workplace practices.
- Drug and Alcohol Programs: What’s Legal, What’s Not, What’s Hot?: With medical marijuana now legal in Florida, it is time to ensure that your company’s drug and alcohol program is comprehensive enough to capture the various behaviors, has a legal testing procedure, and that you understand the nuances of when you can discipline and terminate someone.
- Navigating through the Devil’s Triangle: ADA, FMLA & Workers’ Compensation: Dealing with these three laws presents challenges for employers. Through an interactive case study, learn how to spot tricky leave issues; what to do, and what to avoid when evaluating a leave request; and learn concrete tips that you can use to avoid a litigation disaster down the road.
- Playing with Fire: How to Turn Down the Heat on Harassment Claims: Harassment claims are on the rise and are being sparked in new and surprising ways, such as our politically charged climate. This presentation will examine these developments, the current legal landscape, and best workplace practices.
- Roundtable Ignite: In these three 20-minute roundtable sessions, Fisher Phillips attorneys will facilitate an interactive group discussion tackling some of the trickiest labor and employment issues confronting employers today. During the registration process, please choose three roundtable sessions you would like to attend.
Table 1: Scrutinizing Your Wage/Hour Practices
Table 2: The Fair Credit Reporting Act
Table 3: Common Mistakes on I-9 Forms and How to Avoid Them
Table 4: Advanced ADA: 5 Strategies to Assure Compliance
Table 5: Advanced Strategies for Hiring and Firing
Table 6: Top 10 Employee Handbook Updates
Table 7: OSHA's New Recordkeeping and E-Filing Requirement
Table 8: Managing the Difficulty Employee Through Good Documentation and Communications
Table 9: Employment Agreements: Separation, Non-competition and Arbitration
Table 10: Affirmative Action
Click here for the full program brochure and agenda.
7:30 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
Registration & Breakfast
8:15 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Workshops (Lunch will be provided)
$165 per person and $145 per person if more than one person from the same company registers.
Questions? Contact Elizabeth Hickman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (954) 847-4713
**This briefing has been approved for SHRM / HRCI Preferred and Continuing Legal Education Credits and Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits