Advanced Topics in Immigration Compliance: Embracing The New Form I-9
12:00 PM — 1:15 PM EST
$79 per person
With over 10,000,000 people in the United States without immigration status, approximately 1 in 30 employees will not possess appropriate documentation for completing Form I-9. As we come out of the COVID era, U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) will again become active in enforcing employers’ compliance. While completing the Form I-9 may seem simple, establishing the best practices for a compliance program is complex. This program will guide human resources, legal departments and business owners on the most important issues in maintaining a culture of workplace compliance.
Attendees will come away prepared to:
- Conduct a health check on your immigration program and what makes an employer high risk.
- Detect false documents, address mismatches and evaluate pros/cons of E-Verify.
- Implement alternative processes for remote employees and use electronic I-9 systems.
- Avoid plaintiff’s counsel and consequences of poor immigration compliance with DOJ, EEOC, SEC and Federal Contracts.
- Complete the best audit, remediate problematic workforces, and prepare for ICE.
The firm will submit this program for HRCI and SHRM credit.
If you have any questions, please contact Chris McGoldrick.
Fisher Phillips is committed to providing access to all of our events for disabled attendees. Automated closed captioning is available for all of our webinars. For other accommodation inquiries, please give us three business days advance notice prior to the scheduled event by contacting Chris McGoldrick. Thank you.