Warren L. Nelson
Warren Nelson is a partner in the firm's Irvine and Los Angeles offices. His practice emphasizes collective bargaining, defense of unfair labor practice charges, arbitrations, representation of employers in union organizing campaigns, occupational safety and health, and wage and hour law.
Warren has over 30 years of labor and employee relations experience in unionized and non-unionized environments.
He has negotiated over 250 labor agreements for employers, covering construction, manufacturing, retail, warehousing, food processing, transportation, aerospace, hospitality, health care and public sector employees in over 30 states, Mexico and Canada.
Warren has developed and implemented union awareness, strike operations and crisis contingency plans as well as workplace safety programs for employers across the country. He regularly defends employers who have been cited by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in conjunction with fatalities and other workplace catastrophes.
Additionally, Warren has led management training sessions focusing on effective hiring and discipline, union awareness, sexual harassment, employment discrimination, and plant relocations and closures.
Before joining the firm, Warren was the Director of Labor Relations and Safety for one of the nation's largest warehousing and transportation companies and was a Manager of Labor Relations for a large retail grocery company.
Warren also has experience as a union business representative. He is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2010. He has also been listed by the Labor Relations Institute (LRI) as one of the "Top 100 Labor Attorneys" in the U.S.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2010
- Listed by the Labor Relations Institute (LRI) as one of the "Top 100 Labor Attorneys" in the U.S.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Discover the Key Elements of a World-Class Safety ProgramNovember 6-8, 2018
- Fisher Phillips Labor Seminar - San Francisco8.17.16
- University of Wisconsin Law SchoolJ.D.
- University of Oregon, School of BusinessM.S. (Labor Relations)
- University of SussexM.A.
- University of California, Santa CruzB.A.