Wendy Baker’s practice is devoted exclusively to advice, counsel, and compliance matters for national and local clients. Wendy has extensive experience in advising employers on the challenging day to day employee issues that businesses need to be resolved. Areas of significant experience include navigating complex state and federal leave laws, managing multifaceted company restructures including WARN Act implications, and counseling on wage and hour issues. Wendy additionally assists clients in meeting their specific business objectives by providing management training, developing preventative policies and procedures, and conducting national and state-wide compliance audits.
Formerly serving as Senior Counsel and Vice President of Employee & Labor Relations for a national educational institution, Wendy is able to anticipate areas of concern and opportunity for businesses in this challenging environment. Additionally, her 10+ years of experience litigating employment-related matters afforded invaluable insight into how businesses may avoid being targets for litigation.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Orange County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Member, Association of Corporate Counsel
- Pepperdine University School of LawJ.D., 1999
- California State University, SacramentoB.S., 1994
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California