Terri Stewart is a partner in the firm's Atlanta office. She represents management in all areas of labor and employment law in state and federal courts as well as before state and federal agencies.
Her practice focuses on the defense of employment related lawsuits in trial and appellate courts, encompassing a variety of issues, including claims arising under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and related state claims such as trade secret infringement, restrictive covenants, breach of contract and tort actions.
Terri also frequently advises employers on reductions in force, drafts employment agreements, personnel policies, separation agreements and releases, and conducts on-site training on topics such as employment law compliance and avoidance of harassment claims.
Terri has been listed in Georgia Super Lawyers - Rising Stars since 2011. She also received the top "40 under 40" Award by the Atlanta Business Chronicle. The award honors the top 40 business people in Atlanta under the age of 40. Recently, she was chosen by the Daily Report, Atlanta's leading legal newspaper, as a member of the 2015 class of "On the Rise" - the top 40 Georgia lawyers under the age of 40.Terri is also a recent graduate of the L.E.A.D. Atlanta Class (a division of Leadership Atlanta).
- 11th Circuit Affirmation of Summary Judgment in Failure to Promote Case
- Georgia Court of Appeals Win Reversing Wrongful Preliminary Injunction
- Win Arbitrations in Several Employee Disputes for Leading Hotel Chain
- Secure Dismissal of Frivolous Claims in Title VII Lawsuit
- Obtain Favorable Settlements in FMLA, Breach of Contract, Title VII, Commission Disputes, and State Law Employment Practices Lawsuit
- Achieve "No Cause" Determinations in Response to All EEOC Charges Investigated To A Final Result
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Atlanta Business Chronicle's "40 under 40" Award
- Georgia Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, since 2011
- Blue Key Honor Society – Lifelong Member
- 2012 LEAD Atlanta Graduate
Terri is a member of the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM). Terri also served as a board member for SHRM Atlanta. Additionally, she served as the Articles Editor for the organization's monthly online publication.
Terri is an active member of the Labor & Employment Section of the Atlanta Bar Association and often speaks to community employers to help them navigate the complex legal landscape associated with labor and employment issues in Georgia.
Terri also serves as the Young Lawyers Division. She is a member of the Georgia Bar Association and serves as the Firm Representative for the Atlanta Bar Associations' Young Lawyers' Campagin.
Terri currently serves on the Georgia Special Olympics Honorary Board.
Terri is an Atlanta Falcon Cheerleaders Community Liaison, a UGA Law School Alumni Association member, a UGA Alumni Association member, LEAD Atlanta Member, and a volunteer with Atlanta Pet Rescue, Buckhead Christian Ministries, Homeless to Home and Moving in the Spirit.
- Five Other Lawyers Named ‘Rising Stars’2.21.13
- 6th Circuit Affirms Summary Judgment Award in Wrongful Discharge Case and Awards Sanctions Against Plaintiff's Counsel10.11.12
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- The First 100 Days: What the New Administration Means For Benefits, Taxes, and Employment Compliance5.9.17
- Women Leaders: Lawyers Learning the Business of BusinessMay 3-4, 2017
- Employment and Tradesecret Issues with Social Media
SHRM, Midtown GEM
- The Seminar Group 9th Annual Labor & Employment Conference
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month 2012 Expo
- Managing the Electronic Workplace
Gainesville Area Employer Committee
- New Developments in Social Media
Cobb County HR Academy
- Business to Business Luncheon Keynote Speaker
Clayton County Chamber of Commerce
- Employment Law Guidance
Greater Women's Business Counsel
- Legal Aspects of Social Media
Society for Human Resource Management: Augusta, Georgia
- The Seminar Group 8th Annual Labor & Employment Law Conference
- The Evolving Electronic Workplace,
International Safety Equipment Association Executive Summit
- Legal Implications of Social Media on Employment Law
Society of Human Resources Annual Convention
- Social Media and The Law
The Seminar Group 8th Annual Labor & Employment Law Conference
- The Collision of Your Space, MySpace and Our Space
Atlanta Bar Association Annual Advanced Employment Law Conference
- 10 Ways to Guarantee Your Employees Will Sue You
Office Arrow Webinar
- University of Georgia School of LawJ.D. 2006
- University of GeorgiaB.B.A. 2003, with highest honors, summa cum laude
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Supreme Court