Timothy H. Scott
Tim Scott is a partner in the firm's New Orleans office. His practice emphasizes employment litigation, particularly the defense of harassment and discrimination claims. Tim has successfully handled a number of jury trials as well as cases before the courts of appeals.
Tim also advises employers on a day-to-day basis on issues relating to compliance with the various state and federal laws applicable to employers.
Finally, Tim handles traditional labor law matters before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), as well as arbitration of disputes involving collective bargaining agreements.
Tim also is a frequent lecturer to employer and lawyer groups on a variety of employment law topics including the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
He is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and he has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2012. He has also been listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2013.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2012
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2013
Tim is an active member of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the Louisiana Bar Association and has contributed a number of articles for the Louisiana Bar Journal's Legal Update section.
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.3.18
- OSHA Regulations Aren’t Changing Much Under Trump, But Manufacturers May Have a Different Kind of Relationship With the Agency2.19.18
- New Orleans Labor and Employment Lawyers Named Among Best in State1.9.18
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.30.17
- New Orleans Labor and Employment Lawyers Named Among Best in State1.4.16
- New Orleans Labor and Employment Lawyers Named Among Best in State12.29.14
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Fisher Phillips Seminar5.19.17
- One Day, Many Solutions New Orleans5.13.16
- Managing Social Media in the Workplace: The Do's and Don'ts for Employers and Communicators – New Orleans, LA9.15.11
- 2018 Auto Dealers’ Virginia Seminar
- 2018 Auto Dealers’ Northeast Seminar
- Loyola University New Orleans School of LawJ.D. 1991
- Boston CollegeB.A. 1988