Todd Logsdon is a partner in the firm’s Louisville office, where his practice is devoted to advising and representing employers regarding labor and employment law matters.
Todd is regarded as a leader on Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) issues including contesting and litigating OSHA citations, representing employers during OSHA inspections/investigations, conducting OSHA compliance audits, defending whistleblower/retaliation claims as well as providing OSHA compliance advice to clients. He also regularly handles employment disputes such as discrimination, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), wage and hour and covenants not to compete on behalf of his clients. His practice includes the defense of employment-related claims before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, as well as counseling and training clients on day-to-day compliance issues and litigation avoidance.
Todd accrued many years of practical experience prior to beginning his legal career working in manufacturing with responsibilities for Human Resources and Safety. He is licensed to practice in both Kentucky and Indiana and currently serves as a board member of the Boys and Girls Club of Kentuckiana, has served as the Southern Indiana SHRM president and is an alum of Leadership Southern Indiana.
Todd speaks and writes frequently on safety and health issues to several organizations including the American Society of Safety Professionals, Kentucky Association of Manufacturers, EHS Today and SHRM groups and is a regular contributor to the firm’s workplace safety and health blog He has been listed as a Kentucky Super Lawyer since 2014.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- Member, Kentucky State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- Louisville Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, past Chairperson
- Member, American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Occupational Safety & Health Law Committee
- Member, American Inns of Court, Sherman Minton Inn
- Member, Kentucky Safety & Health Network
- Southern Indiana Society for Human Resource Management, past President
- Member, American Society of Safety Engineers
- Leadership Southern Indiana, 2008
- Crestwood United Methodist Church, former Chair of the Staff Parish Relations Committee
- Boy Scouts of America, Assistant Scoutmaster of Troop 167
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Kentuckiana, Board Member
- Labor and Employment Attorneys Represent Various Regions1.4.10
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Discover the Key Elements of a World-Class Safety ProgramNovember 28-30, 2017
- Louisville Annual Seminar9.21.17
- Partnered with Talis Group4.27.17
- “In Case of Emergency: The Aftermath,”
Louisville SHRM Legal Conference, Louisville, KY
- “Navigating the Changing Currents of OSHA and Employment Law,”
American Society of Safety Professionals Safety 2018 Conference, San Antonio, TX
- “Are you in Compliance? The 411 for Managing OSHA Inspections and Update on OSHA Recordkeeping and Retaliation Rules,”
Kentucky Chamber Occupational and Health Management Conference, Louisville, KY
- “What to do When the Government Shows Up – OSHA,”
Kentucky Trucking Association, Louisville, KY
- “Running a Business During an Opioid Epidemic: Balancing Competing Interests,”
River Ridge Business Association, Jeffersonville, IN
- “Navigating the Changing Currents of OSHA and Employment Law,”
2017 EHS Today Safety Leadership Conference, Atlanta, GA
- “OSHA Multi-Employer, Joint Employer and New OSHA Reporting Rules,”
The Kentucky Workers Compensation Fund 2017 Seminar Series, various KY locations
- “HR Horror Stories,”
Southern Indiana SHRM, New Albany, IN
- “HR True or False: Test Your Knowledge,”
Four Rivers SHRM, Paducah, KY
- “What to Expect When You’re Not Expecting: Minimizing Company Exposure in Government Audits and Investigations,”
2016 Kentucky SHRM Annual Conference, Louisville, KY
- "Employment Law Basics for Safety Professionals"
2011 Governor's Safety and Health Conference, Louisville, KY
- "OSHA Recordkeeping: Minor Errors Can Lead To Big Problems!"
The Associated General Contractors of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- "Successful Crisis Management: Catastrophes, Workplace Violence, Labor Disputes, And Other Incidents Which Can Harm The Company"
UK Employment Law Institute, Lexington, KY
- "Temporary Employees and Contractors—Potential OSHA And Other Liabilities"
2010 Governor's Safety and Health Conference, Louisville, KY
- "These Times They Are a-Changin': An Update On New And Potential Laws Affecting Employers"
Ohio Valley Chapter Club Managers Association Of America, Elizabeth, IN
- "Medical Leave, Light Duty, and Return to Work: Untangling the ADA, FMLA and Workers' Compensation Knot"
American Society of Safety Engineers, Louisville, KY
- "The New FMLA Regulations"
SI-SHRM, New Albany, IN
- “Indiana Case Reaches Supreme Court”
Southern Indiana Business Source
- “Transgender Discrimination Violates Federal Anti-Bias Law,”
Kentucky Association of Manufacturers The Goods
- “What to Expect When You Are Not Expecting: Minimizing Company Exposure in Government Audits and Investigations,” Kentucky SHRM Online Magazine
- U.S. Department of Labor’s OSHA Extends Compliance Date for Electronically Submitting Injury, Illness Reports to December 15, 2017Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog11.22.17
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog10.18.17
- OSHA issues press release regarding Portal for Electronic Recordkeeping Reporting to be available beginning August 1Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog7.17.17
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog6.27.17
- Employers Beware: Indiana Supreme Court Expands the Scope of the “Duty of Care” Owed to a Subcontractor’s EmployeesWorkplace Safety and Health Law Blog5.5.17
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog5.3.17
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog4.28.17
- Proposed Midnight Rules Relief Act May Put An End To OSHA Recordkeeping Rule - Onerous Workplace Safety Rules Among Many That Could Face The AxeWorkplace Safety and Health Law Blog2.10.17
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog9.16.16
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog7.13.16
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog7.12.16
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog5.2.16
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog3.16.16
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog9.19.14
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog9.12.14
- STAFFING AGENCIES BEWARE: OSHA’S NEW POLICY MEMORANDUM HIGHLIGHTS OSHA’S ENFORCEMENT PRIORITIES WITH RESPECT TO TEMPORARY WORKERS.Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog8.6.14
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog8.5.14
- Three Things You Need To Know About The 6th Circuit’s Monumental Ruling3.7.18
- Onerous Workplace Safety Rules Among Many That Could Face The Axe2.10.17
- OSHA Announces Final Rule On Recordkeeping Dramatically Increases Employers' Reporting Requirements Which OSHA Will Make Public9.18.14
- University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of LawJ.D. 2000, cum laude
- Murray State UniversityM.S. (Occupational Safety and Health Management) 1993
- Murray State UniversityB.S. 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky