Todd Logsdon is a partner in the firm's Louisville office. He practices exclusively in the areas of labor and employment on behalf of employers, with a particular emphasis on discrimination, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), wage and hour, covenants not to compete, and OSHA issues. Todd's practice includes the defense of employment-related claims before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, as well as counseling and training clients on compliance issues and litigation avoidance. He also conducts Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance audits and provides OSHA compliance advice to clients, as well as defending clients in OSHA citation contests and litigation.
Todd has been listed as a Kentucky Super Lawyer since 2014.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- Member, Kentucky State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- Louisville Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, past Chairperson
- Member, American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Occupational Safety & Health Law Committee
- Member, American Inns of Court, Sherman Minton Inn
- Member, Kentucky Safety & Health Network
- Southern Indiana Society for Human Resource Management, past President
- Member, American Society of Safety Engineers
- Leadership Southern Indiana, 2008
- Crestwood United Methodist Church, former Chair of the Staff Parish Relations Committee
- Boy Scouts of America, Assistant Scoutmaster of Troop 167
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Kentuckiana, Board Member
- Labor and Employment Attorneys Represent Various Regions1.4.10
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Partnered with Talis Group4.27.17
- "Employment Law Basics for Safety Professionals"
2011 Governor's Safety and Health Conference, Louisville, KY
- "OSHA Recordkeeping: Minor Errors Can Lead To Big Problems!"
The Associated General Contractors of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- "Successful Crisis Management: Catastrophes, Workplace Violence, Labor Disputes, And Other Incidents Which Can Harm The Company"
UK Employment Law Institute, Lexington, KY
- "Temporary Employees and Contractors—Potential OSHA And Other Liabilities"
2010 Governor's Safety and Health Conference, Louisville, KY
- "These Times They Are a-Changin': An Update On New And Potential Laws Affecting Employers"
Ohio Valley Chapter Club Managers Association Of America, Elizabeth, IN
- "Medical Leave, Light Duty, and Return to Work: Untangling the ADA, FMLA and Workers' Compensation Knot"
American Society of Safety Engineers, Louisville, KY
- "The New FMLA Regulations"
SI-SHRM, New Albany, IN
- “Indiana Case Reaches Supreme Court”
Southern Indiana Business Source
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog4.28.17
- Proposed Midnight Rules Relief Act May Put An End To OSHA Recordkeeping Rule - Onerous Workplace Safety Rules Among Many That Could Face The AxeWorkplace Safety and Health Law Blog2.10.17
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog9.16.16
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog7.13.16
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog7.12.16
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog5.2.16
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog3.16.16
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog9.19.14
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog9.12.14
- STAFFING AGENCIES BEWARE: OSHA’S NEW POLICY MEMORANDUM HIGHLIGHTS OSHA’S ENFORCEMENT PRIORITIES WITH RESPECT TO TEMPORARY WORKERS.Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog8.6.14
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog8.5.14
- Onerous Workplace Safety Rules Among Many That Could Face The Axe2.10.17
- OSHA Announces Final Rule On Recordkeeping Dramatically Increases Employers' Reporting Requirements Which OSHA Will Make Public9.18.14
- University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of LawJ.D. 2000, cum laude
- Murray State UniversityM.S. (Occupational Safety and Health Management) 1993
- Murray State UniversityB.S. 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky