Shaun J. Voigt
Shaun Voigt is a partner in the firm's Irvine office, where he represents and counsels employers in all aspects of labor and employment law.
Shaun’s practice focuses on defending employers in wage and hour class and collective actions, as well as wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, unfair competition, and trade secret lawsuits under federal and California labor and employment laws.
He has represented clients and appeared before multiple governmental agencies, such as the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE), and the Employment Development Department (EDD), as well as state and federal courts throughout California. Shaun also counsels employers on various employment related issues such as hiring, termination, strategic restructuring and layoffs, disciplinary issues, medical leaves, and general employment policies and procedures.
In law school, Shaun served as an extern for the Honorable George P. Schiavelli (Ret.) of the United States District Court, Central District of California, clerked at the Department of County Counsel for the County of Los Angeles, and participated in the University of Southern California Employer Legal Advice Clinic.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national manufacturing client against claims of disability discrimination, failure to accommodate, retaliation, and violations of the FMLA/CFRA, which was affirmed in its entirety on appeal.
- Achieved multiple dismissals of investigations brought by governmental agencies, including the EDD, DLSE, DOL, DFEH, and EEOC.
- Successfully argued that an international franchising company did not jointly employ the named plaintiff in a putative wage and hour class action, resulting in complete summary judgment.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of corporate officers alleged to be joint employers and alter egos of the entity defendant in a lawsuit alleging breach of contract, fraud, and unpaid wages.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, USC Alumni Club of O.C. Beach Cities
- Fundraising Committee, Boys & Girls Clubs of Huntington Valley
- California, Employment At Will, Bloomberg BNA, chapter author, 2011, suppl. 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, Los Angeles
- University of Southern CaliforniaB.A. 2005, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- California Courts of Appeal