Stephen Scott is an associate in the firm's Portland office. Stephen defends employers in employment-related administrative claims and lawsuits. He also advises and provides training to employers on issues relating to workplace discrimination, family leave, wage and hour laws, and noncompetition, nonsolicitation, and nondisclosure agreements.
Stephen graduated from Willamette University and Willamette University College of Law. While in law school he had the opportunity to study at Bucerius Law School in Hamburg, Germany. In undergrad, he studied abroad at the Queen’s University of Belfast and played rugby for the Belfast Instonians. During law school, he served as the Editor in Chief of the Sports Law Journal and was awarded high paper in the class Legislation, Lobbyist, and the People.
In his off time, he races triathlons and duathlons. He represented Team USA in the 2018 Duathlon World Championships.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Named, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021)
- Named, Super Lawyers: Rising Star (2020)
- Treasure & Board of Directors of Seaside Surfing Family Adventure Surfing, which is a non-profit organization that brings families together through surfing. Providing free/low cost surf camps for North Coast parents and children, and foster kids in the Portland metro area.
- Board of Directors of Homecourt Hoops, which is a non-profit organization that utilizes basketball as a means of improving the lives of Ghanaian youth.
- The Oregon Historical Society: The Cabinet.
- St. Andrew Nativity School: Ambassador Board
- More Than A Quarter of the Firm’s Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Edition8.20.20
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- A Course of Employment Primer of Excluded Activities
- An Introduction to Pension and Second Injury Fund Relief
- Worker Requested Penalties: Minimizing Risks
- Fisher Phillips Portland Attorney Pens Article on Personal Liability for Daily Journal of Commerce Oregon7.19.18
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog6.3.19
- Willamette University College of LawJ.D. 2013
- Bucerius Law School (Germany)2011
- Willamette UniversityB.A. 2010
- Queens University of Belfast2009