Nicole Kamm represents a broad range of clients, from small businesses to national companies, in a variety of industries, including healthcare, technology, manufacturing, retail, hospitality, construction, transportation and professional services. Nicole defends employers and provides dispute resolution counsel against individual and class claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage and hour violations before state and federal courts and administrative agencies. Nicole also provides strategic counsel and management training on employment issues that arise in the workplace, including hiring, discipline and termination decisions, leaves of absence, reductions in force and compliance issues arising under Title VII, the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, the California Family Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the California Labor Code and Industrial Welfare Commission wage orders, and the federal and California Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act.
Nicole has handled a full range of labor and employment matters, including claims before the Department of Labor, EDD, EEOC, and California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE). Nicole regularly advises employers on preventive steps to minimize potential exposure arising from issues such as wage and hour compliance, independent contractor classification, and mass lay off strategies.
Nicole is active in the local business and legal community. She previously served on the San Fernando Valley Bar Association’s Board of Trustees and is the co-founder of Women to Women (W2W), a networking group for dynamic and innovative female professionals. Super Lawyers designated Kamm a “2019 Top Female Attorney” in Los Angeles Magazine and she was named a “Top Attorney” by Pasadena Magazine. She received her J.D., cum laude, from Pepperdine School of Law and her B.A. from University of California, Berkley.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Southern California Super Lawyers, since 2019
- Southern California Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, 2012-2018
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal; Trusted Advisors Trailblazer Award (2015)
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal; Trusted Advisors Nominee (2014)
- Los Angeles Business Journal; Women Making a Difference Award (2013)
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association, Board of Trustees 2014-2016
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association, Chair of Employment section 2012-2014
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker: San Fernando Valley Bar Association; MCLE Marathon (2020)
- Speaker: California HR Conference 2012-2013
- Pepperdine University School of LawJ.D., 2006
- University of California, BerkeleyB.A., 2000