Marilyn Higdon is an associate in the firm’s Memphis Office. She focuses on a wide range of labor and employment issues including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, employment policies, wage and hour, and traditional labor disputes.
Marilyn earned her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Mississippi School of Law, where she was Executive Articles Editor for the Mississippi Law Journal. During law school, she worked in-house as an intern in the Labor Law Group at a Fortune 100 global shipping company and served as an intern for the Hon. R. David Proctor at the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Dean’s List
- Mississippi Law Journal Case Note Award
- Phi Delta Phi
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Federalist Society
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- January 22, 2020 “Seeing 20/20 in 2020: What Employers Need to Know for Labor and Employment in the New Year,” Association of Corporate Counsel TN, Memphis, TN
Trading Your Health: Assessing the Need for Domestic Regulation of Telemedicine and Ability to Conform to U.S. Trade Agreements, 30 Loyola Consumer L. Rev. 393 (2018).
- Shelby County (TN) Businesses Face New Closures, Increased Health And Safety Requirements, And Mandated Face Coverings7.8.20
- University of Mississippi School of LawJ.D. cum laude, 2019
- Jacksonville State UniversityB.S., 2014
- Tennessee Supreme Court