Michael R. Galey
Michael Galey is a partner in the firm's Philadelphia office. He concentrates his practice on defending employers against employment-related claims and advising clients on personnel management and statutory compliance issues.
He is routinely involved in defending employers in matters in which former employees have alleged race, national origin, age, disability, gender, and other discrimination claims as well as claims against employers for sexual harassment, breach of employment contract, defamation, and wrongful termination.
His practice also involves counseling clients regarding compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and Pennsylvania's Wage Payment and Collection Law (WPCL).
Additionally, Michael assists clients in crafting employment agreements and implementing employee handbooks and personnel policies and procedures. Michael has been selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars since 2013.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, since 2013
- Labor and Employment attorneys represent six offices1.1.15
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Fisher Phillips Breakfast Briefing4.4.17
- Philadelphia Annual One Day Seminar9.29.16
- Keystone Employment Law Blog6.9.16
- Loyola Law SchoolJ.D. 2007
- Franklin and Marshall CollegeB.A. 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania