Michael R. Galey
Michael Galey is a partner in the firm's Philadelphia office. He concentrates his practice on defending employers against employment-related claims and advising clients on personnel management and statutory compliance issues.
He is routinely involved in defending employers in matters in which former employees have alleged race, national origin, age, disability, gender, and other discrimination claims as well as claims against employers for sexual harassment, breach of employment contract, defamation, and wrongful termination.
His practice also involves counseling clients regarding compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and Pennsylvania's Wage Payment and Collection Law (WPCL).
Additionally, Michael assists clients in crafting employment agreements and implementing employee handbooks and personnel policies and procedures. Michael was included in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars from 2013 to 2017.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, since 2013 - 2017
- Named a BTI Consulting "Client Service All-Star" for 2019
- President of Borough Council for West Chester
- Labor and Employment attorneys represent four offices1.1.15
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Philadelphia Annual One Day Seminar9.29.16
- National Business Institute: Advanced Employment Law: What you Need to Know (Navigating the ADA and Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace: Medical Marijuana and Other Considerations)
December 4, 2019
- National Business Institute: Human Resource Law from A to Z: Legal Issues in Recruiting and Hiring and Current Issues in Human Resources
April 9, 2019.
- ACC Greater Philadelphia: Gender Equity: Recent Developments at the Federal, State, and Local Level
May 8, 2018.
- National Business Institute: Human Resource Law from A to Z - Current Issues in Human Resources: Wellness Plans; Workforce Planning; and Legal Issues in Recruiting and Hiring
July 18, 2018
- National Business Institute: Buying and Selling a Business: Start to Finish – Employment Law Issues
February 25, 2016
- National Business Institute: Employment Law: 2015 Comprehensive Guide - Managing Employee Leaves of Absence
November 18, 2015
- Sterling Education Services: Hot Topics in Employment Law – Drafting Workplace Handbooks and Agreements that Minimize Claims and the NLRB’s Expanding Agenda
May 16, 2014
- National Business Institute: Human Resource Law from A to Z: Current Issues in Human Resources, Workplace Behavioral Issues, and Workplace Privacy and Employee Monitoring
February 11, 2014
- Fisher and Phillips Breakfast Briefing: Easing the Employer’s Biggest Headaches: Solving the Workers’ Comp./FMLA/ADA Puzzle
November 13, 2013
- Practical Law - Independent Contractors: Pennsylvania State Q&A
- Practical Dermatology: Sexual Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace: Promoting Gender Equality
- Keystone Employment Law Blog6.9.16
- Loyola Law SchoolJ.D. 2007
- Franklin and Marshall CollegeB.A. 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania