Micah is a Partner in the firm’s Denver office who advises employers on how to comply with state and federal regulations and develop the best corporate practices and policies.
Micah has significant experience litigating on behalf of national and international employers in state and federal courts across the country and has successfully tried cases in both jury and bench proceedings. He also represents veterans on a pro bono basis and has successfully appealed claims before the US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims and the Federal Circuit.
As a member of the firm’s Wage and Hour Practice Group, Micah has obtained favorable outcomes for clients in various wage and hour matters, including class and collective actions, under the Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA) and various state laws across the country. Micah is also a member of the firm’s Labor Relations Practice Group and one of the few Colorado attorneys involved in all aspects of traditional labor law, including practicing before the National Labor Relations Board, union avoidance and elections, defense of unfair labor practice charges, collective bargaining negotiations, and labor arbitrations.
Micah has also successfully represented employers in various discrimination, retaliation, and whistle blower matters arising under such laws as Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), and the Wendell H. Ford Aviation Investment and Reform Act for the 21st Century (AIR21).
Micah is a regular speaker at industry conferences, continuing legal education seminars, and client trainings, and has presented on nearly every labor and employment issue companies routinely face. An avid researcher and writer, Micah’s work has also appeared in various publications.
Originally from the Western Slope of Colorado, Micah earned his bachelor’s degree with honors from the University of Chicago in 2007 and his law degree from Boston College Law School in 2010.
- Represented retail and restaurant clients in class and collective actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Defended clients in seven NLRB labor "quickie elections," all of which resulted in votes against the union and successful defense of all charges.
- Obtained dismissal of claims and favorable verdicts in a variety of whistleblower cases in courts across the country.
- Obtained summary judgment in a variety of discrimination cases for a national grocery store chain.
- Obtained summary judgment in an employee misclassification case for a national insurance company.
- Successfully defended a retail client in a wrongful imprisonment and harassment trial.
- Helped to successfully negotiate collective bargaining agreements for a variety of businesses, including a national manufacturer and an industrial box corporation.
- Successfully defended plan sponsors in ERISA breach of fiduciary duty litigation.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Independent Electrical Contractors, Rocky Mountain Chapter
- Member, Rocky Mountain Indian Chamber of Commerce
- Member, National Native American Bar Association
- Member, Young Leaders Committee NNABA
- Mentor, Law School... Yes We Can
- Summer Coordinator, Colorado Pledge to Diversity Program
- Director, Neighborhood Schools Program
- Fundraiser, Pelotonia
- New Partners Span 13 Offices With Over 40% Representing a Diverse Cross-Section of the Firm12.22.20
- Denver Attorney Reminds Employers that Duties Test Still Applies in Analyzing White-Collar Exemptions Under DOL’s New Overtime Rule10.2.19
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Denver Annual Seminar3.3.20
- Denver Annual Seminar4.17.18
- Ethics in the Workplace: Standards, Expectations, Investigations, Social Media and Minimizing Risk
ACC Colorado Ethics Seminar
- Wage & Hour, Employment Decisions and Union Avoidance
Colorado Assisted Living Association Fall Conference
- #MeToo #YouToo #WhatToDo – Responding to Allegations of Discrimination and Harassment in Light of #MeToo and #TimesUp
Colorado Restaurant Show
- Navigating the Hallways of HR Issues
Colorado Department of Education, Annual Finance Seminar for Charter Schools
- Recent Updates in Federal and Colorado Labor and Employment Law
ACC Colorado Webinar
- Fisher Phillips Victory Serves As First Blow In One-Two Punch Against Strict Reading Of Vehicle Reimbursement LawWage and Hour Laws Blog9.9.20
- Autonomous Vehicles Blog - Driving the Future9.19.18
- Boston College Law SchoolJ.D. 2010
- The University of ChicagoB.A. 2007 with honors