Micah is an associate in the firm’s Denver office who advises employers on how to comply with a range of state and federal regulations and develop the best corporate practices.
Micah has significant experience representing clients in regards to employment litigation, trade secret matters, and wage and hour class actions and collective actions. He is also involved in all aspects of traditional labor law, including practicing before the National Labor Relations Board, union avoidance and elections, defense of unfair labor practice charges, collective bargaining negotiations, and labor arbitrations. Micah also has experience in matters unique to government and defense contractors and has advised and represented employers on compliance, employee, and contract issues.
Micah has represented national and international employers in state and federal courts across the country and successfully tried cases in both jury and bench proceedings. He also represents veterans on a pro bono basis and has successfully appealed claims before the US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims and the Federal Circuit.
Micah received his law degree from Boston College Law School in 2010. He earned a B.A. with honors from the University of Chicago in 2007.
- Represented retail and restaurant clients in class and collective actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Defended clients in seven NLRB labor "quickie elections," all of which resulted in votes against the union and successful defense of all charges.
- Obtained dismissal of claims and favorable verdicts in a variety of whistleblower cases in courts across the country.
- Obtained summary judgment in a variety of discrimination cases for a national grocery store chain.
- Obtained summary judgment in an employee misclassification case for a national insurance company.
- Successfully defended a retail client in a wrongful imprisonment and harassment trial.
- Helped to successfully negotiate collective bargaining agreements for a variety of businesses, including a national manufacturer and an industrial box corporation.
- Successfully defended plan sponsors in ERISA breach of fiduciary duty litigation.
Honors & Leadership
- National Native American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Rocky Mountain Indian Chamber of Commerce
- Neighborhood Schools Program
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Denver Annual Seminar3.3.20
- Denver Annual Seminar4.17.18
- Ethics in the Workplace: Standards, Expectations, Investigations, Social Media and Minimizing Risk
ACC Colorado Ethics Seminar
- Wage & Hour, Employment Decisions and Union Avoidance
Colorado Assisted Living Association Fall Conference
- #MeToo #YouToo #WhatToDo – Responding to Allegations of Discrimination and Harassment in Light of #MeToo and #TimesUp
Colorado Restaurant Show
- Navigating the Hallways of HR Issues
Colorado Department of Education, Annual Finance Seminar for Charter Schools
- Recent Updates in Federal and Colorado Labor and Employment Law
ACC Colorado Webinar
- Autonomous Vehicles Blog - Driving the Future9.19.18
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Class Action Litigation
- Collective Bargaining
- Employment Discrimination and Related Litigation
- Employment Policies and Procedures
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Litigation of Employment Disputes
- Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets Litigation
- Union Campaigns and Elections
- University Law
- Wage and Hour Law
- Whistleblower Actions
- Boston College Law SchoolJ.D. 2010
- The University of ChicagoB.A. 2007 with honors