Liz Ochoa is a partner in the firm's Irvine office. She represents and counsels employers on various employment-related matters, including discrimination, unlawful harassment, wrongful termination, unfair business practices and wage and hour issues.
Liz has experience litigating employment matters in state and federal courts as well as in state and federal administrative agencies such as the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE), the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and others. She also has assisted employers in Labor Code section 132a claims.
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Liz gained invaluable experience working in a smaller firm where she represented employees and employers in various employment litigation matters. This experience has enabled Liz to have great success in defending employers because of her unique insight into employee claims.
In 2010, 2013 and 2014, Liz was selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers – Rising Stars. Liz is fluent in Spanish.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Southern California Super Lawyers – Rising Stars (2010, 2013 & 2014)
- Member, National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL)
- Member, Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Orange County Hispanic Bar Association
- Member, Women's Business Development Initiative
- Five Fisher Phillips Attorneys Listed in 2014 Southern California "Rising Stars" Honors Come as Los Angeles Office Expands6.10.14
- Attorneys From the Firm’s Los Angeles and Irvine Offices Named to Under 40 List6.14.13
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Industry Business Council Human Resources Luncheon
City of Industry, California
- Industry Manufacturers Council: New California and Federal Employment Laws 2018
City of Industry, California
- “Do the Math, Non-Productive Time in the Agricultural Sector” Webinar - AgSafe
- “Wage and Hour Issues for the Agricultural Sector”
“Legal Liabilities of Supervisors”
“New Law Alert: Paid Sick Leave”
AgSafe Annual Conference, Monterey, California
- “Preventing Harassment, Creating a Respectful Workplace”
Wine & Vine Management Conference - Rohnert Park, California
- "Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act Farm Labor Contractor Requirements"
AgSafe Agricultural Laws and Regulations for Growers and Farm Labor Contractors/Safety Summit
The Annual AgSafe Conference
- Employees Requesting Accommodation Are Now Protected7.21.15
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, Los AngelesJ.D. 2001
- University of California, Los AngelesB.A. 1997
- California Courts of Appeal
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California